Once the bamboo blinds arrive, you need to know how to install them properly. Then once they are installed, you will have to make some adjustments to get them to operate properly.
Adjusting Your New Blinds
- Yarn is used in the bamboo shades. It is flexible so you will need to adjust it slightly. Do this by pulling down on the short side to eliminate crooked blinds.
- If your blinds are not completely flat when in the lowered position, roll the shade tightly. Then twist the end of the rolls in opposite directions.
- If a strand of yarn comes out from the edge, you can cut it off with scissors without harming the strength of the blinds.
Operating Your Bamboo Blinds Every bamboo shade has a locking mechanism to keep the shade in the desired position.
- Raise and lower the blinds by pulling the lift cord at an angle. A gentle pull will cause the bamboo shades to release and unroll.
- Locking the shade is done by pulling the lift cord at an angle outward.
- When blinds are in a bind, check the lift cords located under the valance. Troubleshooting Problems with the Blinds Sometimes people mistakenly think that slight imperfections and variations in color are flaws. This is not the case. Every bamboo shade is quite unique, adding to the beauty of the blinds. This is due to the natural materials used in making the blinds such as bamboo, rattan, jute, reeds, grasses, and woods. - Problem
- One side moves and the other side doesn't when pulling on cords.
- Run the loose draw cord through the shade's pulley mechanism and through the rings on the back of the blind. Then tie the cord to the bottom ring.
- Problem - The bamboo blinds are a tad shorter than the length you ordered.
- Solution - You can stretch the blinds a little by gently pulling on the bottom of the shade. This will get it back to the proper length and shape.
- Problem - The shades are uneven once you hang them up.
- Solution - Tap the edges with a ruler until they become even.
Cleaning your Bamboo Blinds Cleaning your bamboo shades is a snap. All you really need to do is dust the blinds. You can do this with a soft cloth or with a vacuum. When vacuuming, you will want to use a brush attachment. Book Your Blinds Installation & Get Free Quotes.